Saw this in “Natural Health” magazine and thought it was one of the best lists I have ever seen. Below are my favs from the list of 40, projecting the ones I find most useful and hoping you feel the same way:
- Unplug your appliances when not in use. Tip: use a power strip so you can turn everything off at once
- Stop using paper towels, keep rags and old dish towerls or cloth napkins.
- Put a brick in your toilet, simple way to make it a low-flow.
- Green your cleaners, eco-friendly grime fighters can work just as a well, do your research.
- Use less water (why do you think I shower so infrequently);)
- Cancel trash service for one month, force you to be more conscious about what you toss.
- Hold it – replace items only when they are useless.
- Request low-impact sources of energy such as solar, wind, or hydroelectric
- Stop using conventional dryer sheets, they smell so great because they are loaded with chemicals
- Throw a greener party with compostable dinnerware
- Keep your car parked, try walking or carpooling instead
- Purify your air to remove pollutants, mold, and mildew
- Remove yourself from junk mail lists
- Stop wasting food
- Take off shoes before going indoors
- Boycott plastics – water bottles, food storage, etc.
Today I’m grateful for rooftop views, supplements, and power strips. =)